More and more adults choose to have their teeth straightened with braces. In recent years there have been enormous technical developments within orthodontics, so nowadays it is never too late for braces and a beautiful new smile!
StartSmiling is specialized and well experienced in aligner treatments. Aligners have no metal parts and are therefore virtually invisible. Perfect for an active lifestyle and very discreet.
Why braces at a later age
There are several reasons why, as an adult, you can choose for braces to straighten your teeth:
- Aesthetic: you don't like the position of your teeth (anymore).
- Medical: an incorrect position of your teeth, molars and jaws can cause physical problems to the head, neck and/or jaw.
- Oral hygiene: straight teeth are easier to keep clean.
- Functional: straight teeth wear down less quickly and, therefore, last much longer.
- Over the years: your teeth can shift over the years, which can be corrected with braces.
The invisible braces
If you choose to wear braces at a later age, Invisalign® braces can be the perfect solution for you. Invisalign® clear aligners are virtually invisible, so people may not even notice you’re wearing them. You can eat and drink what you like and you do not have to change your oral hygiene routine. Aligners will have less impact on your daily life.
For an optimal treatment result you will have to wear the braces for 20-22 hours a day. While eating, brushing or flossing, you can take the aligners out of your mouth. This ensures less discomfort than with metal braces. Are you planning a party or an important meeting? Just take your aligners out, and you can enjoy it without a hassle.
Curious about Invisalign® braces? Make an appointment for a consultation. During this consultation we can discuss your wishes. We wil also conduct an mouth examination and we will look at the position of your teeth and jaws. With this information, we can determine whether this treatment is suitable for you.